A level wound coil is a continuous length of tube that is tightly wound in layers. These coils are typically used for manufacturing end uses.
|Level Wound coils, Smooth ID
||Available in nominal coil weights of 260 lb. 350 lb. and 520 lb.
Heating, air conditioning and refrigeration applications (evaporators, condensers, chillers, boilers, space heaters, etc.)
Specialized plumbing applications
|ASTM B68, B75, B743
|050 (light anneal)
|060 (soft anneal)
Level wound coils are provided in the following tempers: light anneal, soft anneal, and hard.
Cerro's Inner Diameter (ID) Payout is revolutionizing the copper tube de-reeling process by eliminating the need for vertical de-reeling equipment, allowing tube to be pulled directly from horizontally stacked coils. By incorporating ID Payout, efficiency gains and cost savings are far-reaching:
- Improved level-wound coil (LWC) performance maximizes process efficiency and reduces damaging distortion stress.
- Cardboard packaging is virtually eliminated so there are no disposal costs.
- Coil handling steps are eliminated, preventing related tube damage that results from lifting and manipulating large coils.
- No need for costly powered de-reeling equipment and associated maintenance are likewise eliminated.
Level Wound CoilsPackaging:
- Level wound coils are provided on disposable cardboard, fiber core returnable reels,or bulk packed (without reels) at the customer’s option.
- Coils are stacked on a wooden pallet and enclosed in stretch wrap.
- The following types of outer packaging are currently available:
Coils are stacked on a wooden pallet and enclosed in stretch wrap.
The stack of coils are stretch-wrapped (reel or bulk). A spacer pallet is inserted in between the fourth and third coils to enable safe removal of the top coils.
- Level wound coils are typically 24" ID. Maximum OD of coils on reels is typically 41" and bulk pack coils is 42".
- The standard coil height is 10" when reel packaged. When bulk packaging, the height varies depending on size and weight of coil.
Pancake & Bunch Coils:
To view the following PDF you must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
For technical references and information on applications and proper installation procedures, please see the Copper Tube Handbook